There’s no sugar coating that going into another Lockdown is pretty rubbish and will effect our mental health if we don’t apply ourselves to this with the right mindset. Ive done many posts on the belief its your thoughts about a situation and not the situation itself and this is no different we can either sit in the discomfort or we can CHOOSE to decide how we will deal with the situation.
Side note: Its ok to feel sad, frustrated and angry but I personally don’t want to stay in that space for too long
To help your Mental Health Ive included 5 top tips on how to adapt to Lockdown
- Make a PLAN: Come up with a new routine and work around current restrictions
- Set INTENTIONS: What do you need to do, what do you need to do for your mental health and realistically what can you put on pause if needed
- Problem SOLVE: What issues do you foresee and what can you do to overcome them
- Sparks of JOY: Plan in time for things that will spark joy. I found last time planning work was fine but on my days off I hit a wall so I need to plan that time better
- REVIEW: take time next week to review what’s working and what’s not.
Distance yourself from the negative thoughts and you’ll be able to see what you need to do to improve your mood no matter the situation
Ive added some additional resources you might find helpful:
10 minutes of mindfulness mediation