Recently I’ve had an increasing number of young athletes come to me for coaching.
Research published in the Journal of Sports Sciences has found successful Olympians have a high degree of self-confidence, are able to block out distractions, are goal-oriented and demonstrate a healthy form of perfectionism in short for any athlete to deliver a gold medal performance, mental toughness is an essential ingredient
Key points I cover in my sessions/ workshops
* Clear focused goals
* How to overcome set backs from a poor performance
* Understand and practice positive self talk
* Cope with pressures and nerves pre competition and during performance
* Believe in their abilities
* Turn fear into passion
* Breathing techniques
* Manage emotions
* Improve focus and concentration skills
* Positive focussed attitude
I am loving working with such a passionate group of young people. Truly inspiring .